I swim daily at LA Fitness in Houston. Two weeks ago I observed for the first time that the pool water was very cloudy during my daily 45 minute swim. I started to cough quite a bit, and I had that itchy feeling on my skin. Several days later, the water was quite clear. But then again yesterday the pool was about as cloudy as you can imagine. I talked to the desk where I was told that the service people had not been there since last Friday. I got the name of the service guy and called. He said they just had taken over the service, but he could not explain what caused the cloudiness. Nevertheless, he assured me it was safe to use the pool. So today, just 12 hrs after the pool was serviced, it was as cloudy as ever, may be more so. I swam for 45 minutes, and once I got home my eyes burned and my legs felt itchy. My skin also smells funny, not like chlorine, but differently. I finally googled on cloudy pools, and what I read should have caused me not to go swimming today. Bad advise I got from the service man. How can they be this careless letting people swim under these conditions? Tomorrow I will call the Houston health department, but this being Texas, there is probably one for all of Texas. Any explanation out in Yahoo land?
April 24th, 2012 § 2 comments
You are currently reading Is it safe to swim in an indoor pool with cloudy water ? at Swimming Pool Cleaning.
- Comments: 2 Comments
- Categories: Swimming Pool Service
- Clear your cloudy swimming pool
- Draining your pool
- How to Clean your Swimming Pool
- Maintaining Proper Water Level
- Spa Kem Products
- Swimming Pool Measuring Guide
- Swimming pool smells like chlorine?
- Winterizing Above Ground Pools
- Winterizing In Ground Pools
- Your 3 Essential Pool Chemicals
- swimming pool shock treatment effects on children?
- Anyone have a cheap swimming pool at a Yard sale On millsberry?
- can you drop goldfish in a swimming pool for games?
- Do you think women should have their own swimming pool when they are having their period? As a guy I?
- Can the power company make us move our swimming pool that they say is too close to a power pole and line?
- mynickname on swimming pool shock treatment effects on children?
- BIGgourami on can you drop goldfish in a swimming pool for games?
- snoopy1 on can you drop goldfish in a swimming pool for games?
- soonergirl on can you drop goldfish in a swimming pool for games?
- LS on can you drop goldfish in a swimming pool for games?